8 Represent New Jersey at the Winter Games
New Jersey will be sending eight athletes to Sochi, Russia for the Winter Olympics in February.
According to the official roster released by the United States Olympic Committee on Monday, Garden State athletes will be competing in speedskating, skiing, and bobsled.
Middletown native James van Riemsdyk, who plays for the Toronto Maple Leafs, will play on the United States men’s hockey team.
Flemington is represented by two Olympians on the men’s speedskating team: Kyle Carr and Chris Creveling, who both attend Northern Michigan University. Jazmine Fenlator of Wayne and Jamie Greubel of Warren are members of the women’s bobsled team.
The Winter Olympics begin on Feb. 6 and the opening ceremony is Feb. 7.
New Jersey’s Winter Olympians:
- Kyle Carr, Flemington – Men’s Track speedskating
- Chris Creveling, Flemington – Men’s Track speedskating
- Jazmine Fenlator, Wayne – Women’s bobsled
- Jamie Greubel, Warren – Women’s bobsled
- Nolan Kasper, Morristown – Men’s alpine skiing
- Molly Schaus, Voorhees – Women’s hockey
- Kyle Tress, Ewing – Men’s Skeleton speedskating
- James van Riemsdyk, Middletown - Men’s hockey