6 tips on how to avoid trick-or-treaters this Halloween
Tired of trick or treaters? With Halloween creeping up on us this weekend, some of you may be tired of answering the door for those treat seekers. Here are 6 quick tips to help you avoid Halloween trick or treaters!
1. The good old turn your light off. There is the golden rule, turn your light off and trick or treaters won’t come knocking on your door.
2. Try leaving a bowl of candy on your steps. Trick or treaters will just grab the candy from the bowl and won't be ringing your doorbell.
3. Go out to dinner. Grab your partner or some friends and go out to dinner, you won't be hearing trick or treat at a restaurant.
4. Go to a bar. You have to be 21+ to enter a bar, so there won't be kids. But beware, there could be the threat of Halloween parties at bars.
5. Go see a movie. Movies are pretty quiet. Avoid the commotion and go see a good film to pass the night.
6. Leave a note. If you don't want those treaters knocking on your door, leave a sign up that says could be as straight forward as "No treats here," or you could even be funny and say "the goblins took all my candy, sorry none left!" The trick or treaters will think you're out of candy and you'll be left to enjoy the peace and quiet.
However you decide to handle Halloween, remember that most kids are out there to have fun. Avoid starting any feuds with the kids or worse, the parents, that more than likely live in your neighborhood and you'll be seeing frequently going forward.
Have any more great tips for avoiding trick or treaters? Let us hear them by commenting below!