Early Dismissal Due to Noxious Fumes at Manalapan High
Manalapan High School has announced an early dismissal at 1 p.m. Wednesday due to an odor caused by a painting project.
School officials say the fumes were dispersed through the ventilation systems when a concrete floor was painted in the school's boiler room.
Brianna Kinsey, a junior at the high school, says she had to be taken by ambulance to CentraState Hospital after reporting nausea and dizziness.
"I had to be hosed down by Hazmat before being wheeled into get checked," Kinsey said via email.
A cafeteria worker was treated at the scene and some students complained of headaches, a school official said.
Local Emergency Medical services and other township officials were notified. Air quality tests were performed at the school and no remaining issues were detected, according to school officials.
All after-school activities were been canceled and classes resumed Thursday.