Missing 8-year-old boy found safe, parents charged
SOMERVILLE (AP) — A Somerset County prosecutor says that the 8-year-old boy who was abducted last week by his parents has been found safe and uninjured about 75 miles from his home.
Authorities apprehended Everett Streko and his parents, 34-year-old Michael Streko and 32-year-old Amy Streko, in Port Jervis, New York, around 6 p.m. Friday. The couple has been charged.
Everett Streko's grandmother, who is also his guardian, had reported the boy missing on June 17, hours after she said he was last seen at her Green Brook, New Jersey home. Amy Streko also lived at the home.
State Police had joined the manhunt in finding the family. Both parents have been charged with custodial interference.
The boy was expected to be reunited with his grandmother Friday night.
(Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed)