Lost Pay From Sandy? Here’s Some Info For You
If you lost pay as a direct result from Hurricane Sandy you may be eligible to apply for unemployment assistance.
You may collect disaster assistance in the following cases:
* If you were injured by the storm and unable to work. That covers employees and self employed individuals.
* Your workplace is damaged or destroyed, or you can't work because of the storm or you cannot get to work because you have to travel through impassable or restricted areas.
* You planned to start but can't because of the storm.
* Your business or office is closed and is inoperable as a direct result from the disaster.
* To apply for assistance and receive information please call 1-877-358-5306.
For further information regarding unemployment questions as a result of Hurricane Sandy, click HERE.