Contact Us
Make My Homepage

JCP&L Says Restoration On Target [AUDIO]

Flickr User Allison.hare

In a follow-up to information provided throughout the week to New Jersey 101.5, JCP&L Spokesman called in to Jim Gearhart Thursday morning with the latest number.

Morano says 82% of outages have been repaired by crews, with 95% to completed by midnight Thursday.  He adds that the remaining 5% would be back on the grid by midnight Friday.  The total number of outages is above 50,000 customers affected.

“We’re on-target in the goals we set and reported to the Governor earlier this week,” Morano said.

During the interview, Morano reiterates that the largest chunks of outages are restored first, with little groups attended to last.

More than 500 crews and 1200 forestry crews are expected to be working through the day on Thursday during the relief efforts.

“We’re working to meet those restoration targets,” he explained, “and we remain on target.”

In a press release to New Jersey 101.5 News, PSE&G reports 95% restoration to their customers with outage numbers at about 30,000 remaining customers in the dark.

Listen to the interview: 

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Best of NJ101.5

Recommended For You

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for New Jersey Insiders quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive New Jersey Insiders contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.