Fright Fest One of Top 15 Halloween Amusement Parks Worldwide
Six Flags Great Adventure’s Fright Fest in Jackson, NJ was listed as one of the Top 15 Halloween amusement parks in the world by roller coaster and amusement park expert Pete Trabucco.
Trabucco is a nationally-acclaimed expert on the subject of amusement parks and roller coasters. The list includes haunted attractions and parks that are fun for kids and adults.
Six Flags Fright Fest begins September 22 and runs weekends through October 28. Thirty Halloween-themed shows and attractions await guests during Fright Fest’s twenty-first season.
By day, families can enjoy favorites like Trick-or-Treat Trail, Monster Mash Bash musical, Haunted Wagon Tales ride and more. After 6 p.m., the park transitions to “fright by night” and is not recommended for children under 12 or those who scare easily.
Fright Fest features Zombie Zones and four outdoor Terror Trails for the most intense scares.
Six Flags also hosts the tenth-annual American Red Cross Blood Drive September 29. Guests can donate a pint of blood to earn a free ticket to Fright Fest.
The 2012 Top 15 Halloween Amusement Parks
- Cedar Point “Halloweekends” (Sandusky, Ohio located between Cleveland and Toledo)
- Kennywood “Phantom Fright Nights” (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Knoebels “Hallo-Fun Nights” (Elysburg, PA)
- Kings Island “Haunt” (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Six Flags Fright Fest (Jackson NJ /NYC area) and at most Six Flags theme parks around the nation
- Hershey Park in the Dark (Hershey, PA)
- Knotts Berry Farm “Haunt” (Buena Park, CA outside of LA)
- Universal Studios “Halloween Horror Nights” (Orlando, FL and Hollywood, CA)
- Busch Gardens Tampa “Howl-O-Scream” (Tampa, FL and Williamsburg, VA)
- Lake Compounce “Haunted Graveyard” (Bristol, CT)
For Kids (Non Scary)
- Disney Magic Kingdom “Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party” (Orlando, FL)
- Disneyland “Mickey’s Halloween Party” (Anaheim, CA)
- SeaWorld’s “Halloween Spooktacular” (Orlando, FL and San Diego, CA)
- Legoland California and Florida
- Sesame Place Count’s Spooktacular (Langhorne, PA)