Christie Administration Officials Continue ‘Season of Service’
As part of the second annual “Season of Service,” Christie Administration officials will continue to volunteer their time and emphasize service opportunities.
The “Season of Service” began on Thanksgiving Eve with Governor Chris Christie, First Lady Mary Pat Christie, Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno and 21 Cabinet officials giving out Thanksgiving dinners to Hurricane Sandy victims at 19 Lowe’s locations around the state.
During “Season of Service 2011,” Cabinet members participated in approximately 60 events across New Jersey, according to a release from the Administration.
Throughout December, officials will volunteer their time, with a focus on New Jerseyans impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
Wednesday, Dec. 5
- Middlesex County — Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno
- Salvation Army Grant Announcement, 12 p.m.
- Salvation Army – Care House, Transitional Housing and Corps Community Center, Perth Amboy
Thursday, Dec. 6
- Monmouth County — Labor Commissioner Hal Wirths
- Packaging and Delivering Meals to Senior Citizens, 9 a.m.
- Interfaith Neighbors, Inc., Asbury Park
- Bergen County — MVC Chief Administrator Ray Martinez
- Bergen County Community Action Partnership Grant Announcement, 10 a.m.
- Bergen County Community Action Partnership, Hackensack