This is a tough one to swallow – especially since it involves immeasurable cruelty done to a 4 year old left in the care of a “girlfriend” while the boy’s custodial parent was away in jail serving a sentence.

The father of the four year old boy who died in Midtown will be released from jail for three weeks to bury his son.

37 year old Okee Wade pleaded guilty in Atlantic County Criminal Court this morning. He will serve five years behind bars on a racketeering charge.

Wade has 21 days to arrange and attend the funeral of his only child, Myls Dobson.
The 4-year-old boy died Jan. 8 of unknown causes after being beaten, starved and locked outside in freezing temperatures by his abusive caregiver, according to cops.

Judge Michael A. Donio told the father, "I'm letting you out to go give your son a proper burial,"
"You're a father and you have a 4-year-old that is dead, and I think you have a right and duty to give the child a proper burial and for you to properly be able to say goodbye."

Wade quietly replied, "Thank you, sir."

In exchange for his freedom, Wade pleaded guilty to a second-degree racketeering charge and five years in prison.

The 37-year-old also promised to surrender himself at Atlantic County jail Feb. 6 no later than 4 p.m.
The judge said he took into consideration that Wade — arrested for his part in a massive bank fraud scheme — had no history of violence or committing violent crimes.

Donio said."This was a crime of money, greed, ability to make a quick buck, and taking all of that into account, I'm going to let you be released,"

The judge stressed to Wade the importance of returning to the Atlantic County jail as promised next month.

Donio warned….."If you miss that time — by an hour — this plea agreement will go out the window and you will face a much stiffer sentence."

Wade had asked for permission earlier this week to travel to New York so he could finalize arrangements for Myls.
The indictment against his father's girlfriend Kryzie King is sealed and it is not yet known if murder is one of the charges.
King is already charged with endangering the welfare of a child and assault.

The 4-year-old had been taken from his mother's care in 2011 after the department deemed her unable to properly care for the child. Myls was placed with his father.

The case was closed in August 2012 after a year of monitoring revealed that Myls' was well-nourished and cared for with his dad. Wade was given full custody, despite a string of past arrests.
Just before Christmas, on Dec. 19, Wade was arrested again.

This time, he left his boy in the care of a transgendered woman cops identified as Kryzie King, 27. The family said Wade told them King - who lived in an expensive Hell's Kitchen high-rise — was his new girlfriend.

Investigators believe that King starved and tortured Myls starting soon after Christmas — burning him and beating him and once even locking him outside on a balcony in his underwear in sub-20-degree weather.

King was arrested after a lengthy interrogation that followed Myls' death, and was arraigned last week on charges of first-degree assault and reckless endangerment.

Law enforcement sources said previously she would likely face increased charges, depending on the medical examiner's analysis of Myls' death; at autopsy last week officials were not able to determine what caused his death.

The question is whether or not you believe Judge Donio was being either extremely merciful in this case – especially given that the boy’s body had not been claimed for a good while; or was he merely looking for Wade to cop a plea!

I say, props to the judge!

After having followed this story for a week, I can't tell you how heart wrenching it was just to know that the boy's body had gone unclaimed at the city morgue for a good while.

Now, at long last, the boy can rest in peace.

One can only hope that justice will prevail.