Hipster capital of the country is right here in New Jersey
There's a city in New Jersey that is full of hipsters. As a matter of fact, there are more hipsters in this local than any other town in America.
First let's look at what qualifies as a "hipster." FindTheBest.com used this criteria:
- Young people. Hipsters can be any age, of course, but they're more likely to be between 20-34.
- Education. A high percentage have a bachelor's degree.
- Cafes. Where else would you debate the best IPA?
- Yoga studios. Apparently hipsters and yoga are BFFs.
Asbury Park? Nope. Didn't even make the top 20.
Hoboken is the top U.S. city for hipsters. Let's break it down.
- Population: 50,929
- Percent aged 20-34: 47.2%
- Percent with a bachelor's degree: 73.5%
- Yoga per 10,000 residents: 1
- Cafes per 10,000 residents: 13.1
Are you surprised? I'm not. People are fleeing to Hoboken from Brooklyn due to the insane housing prices. For example, the average price for a condo in Hoboken is $590,912. Compare that to $1.5 million in North Brooklyn, according to The New York Times. 1.5 million!!
So there you have it. The flannel flies the highest in Hoboken.