FEMA: More Disaster Recovery Centers Open in NJ
Six new Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) have opened for New Jersey residents who were affected by Hurricane Sandy.
DRCs enable residents to speak one-on-one with recovery representatives, but it is not necessary to visit a center to receive disaster assistance.
There are currently 22 DRCs across impacted areas that are open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., except for one in Hoboken, which operates from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
It is helpful to register with FEMA before going to a DRC. You can apply for assistance by registering online, by web-enabled mobile device at m.fema.gov or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA.
FEMA program specialists are available, as well as customer service representatives from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), who can answer questions about a low-interest disaster loan program and assist with disaster loan applications.
The new DRC locations are:
- Mercer County Community College 1200 Old Trenton Road West Windsor, NJ 08550
- Burlington Center Mall 2501 Burlington – Mount Holly Road Suite 215 Burlington, NJ 08016
- Hunterdon County Department of Public Safety Annex 77 Park Ave.Flemington, NJ 08822
- Franklin Township Municipal Building 2093 Route 57 Broadway, NJ 08808
- Sussex County Community College 1 College Hill Road Newton, NJ 07860
- Belmar Municipal Building 601 Main St. Belmar, NJ 07719
Other DRCs in New Jersey are located in:
- Atlantic City Convention Center 1 Convention Blvd., Room 201 Atlantic City, N.J. 08401
- Bergen County Plaza 1 Bergen Plaza, 4th Floor Hackensack, N.J. 07652
Cape May County
- Cape May Courthouse Public Library 30 Mechanics St. Cape May Courthouse, N.J. 08210
- Emergency Management Agency Office 637 Bridgeton Ave., Lower Level Bridgeton, N.J. 08302
- Government Services Building 1200 North Delsea Dr. Clayton, NJ 08312
- Jersey City Museum 350 Montgomery St. Jersey City, NJ 07302
Hudson County – special hours 8 a.m to 5 p.m.
- adjacent to Police Department 59 Washington St. Hoboken, N.J. 07030
- Sayreville Senior Center 423 Main St. Sayreville, NJ 08872
- Henry Hudson Trail Activity Center 945 Hwy. 36, Atlantic Highlands Leonardo, N.J. 07737
- Union Beach Municipal Building 650 Poole Ave.Union Beach, NJ 07735
- Morris Plains Community Center 51 Jim Fear Dr. Morris Plains, NJ 07950
- Brick Township Civic Center 270 Chambers Bridge Rd. Brick, NJ 08723
- Passaic County Department of Health 317 Pennsylvania Ave. Patterson, NJ 07503
- Penns Grove EMS Building 25 East Griffith St. Penns Grove, NJ 08069
- Somerset County Human Services 27 Warren St.Somerville, NJ 08876
- Chisholm School Community Center 100 S. Springfield Ave. Springfield, NJ 07081
SBA Business Recovery Centers (BRCs)
SBA Customer Service Representatives are also available provide one-on-one help to business owners seeking disaster assistance for losses at Business Recovery Centers (BRCs) at the following locations, until further notice:
- Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce
- Stafford Heritage Park Train Station and Rail Car (Across from Manahawkin Lake between RT 9 and RT 72)
- West Bay Avenue
- Manahawkin, NJ 08050
Hours: Monday – Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., until further notice
- Bergen Community College Small Business Development Center 355 Main Street, Room 121 Hackensack, NJ 07601
- Rutgers University Small Business Development Center 25 James Street Newark, NJ 07102
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mon- Fri
DRC locations change frequently. The closest open offices can be found online.