10 great New Jersey tribute bands (and 10 more Judi totally made up)
New Jersey has some amazing talent when it comes to live music, and there's nothing like a good tribute band to make you feel like you’re hearing your favorite band for way less money and much closer to home!
When I first saw the “B Street Band” featuring Glen Stuart doing a dead-on Bruce Springsteen, I was so blown away I decided to look into who else was rocking NJ with the sounds of other classic bands!
For a taste of Classic Billy Joel, make sure to catch Captain Jack, the Billy Joel Tribute band on Aug. 27 on the Franklin Avenue Stage in Seaside Heights from 7 to 11 p.m. Here are some of NJ’s best tribute bands, and some of the ones I’d like to see that don’t exist (yet).
- Alive! 75 (Kiss)
- B Street Band (Bruce Springsteen)
- Beatles Faux Sale (Beatles)
- Best of the Eagles (Eagles)
- Bell Bottom Blues (Eric Clapton)
- Neil and the Diamonds (Neil Diamond)
- Captain Jack (Billy Joel)
- Beginnings (Chicago)
- Kashmir (Led Zeppelin)
- Starman (David Bowie)
And here's ten ideas (better ones) for tribute bands I'd like to see!
- Dime Forward (Nickelback)
- Diversely Employed Gays (Village People)
- Weedful Head (Grateful Dead)
- Fat Girl Choking (Mamas & the Papas)
- Hot, Sexy & Dead (Jim Morrison & the Doors)
- Old, Sexy & Rich (Rolling Stones)
- Wife Beaters (Chris Brown)
- Burgundy 6 1/2 (Maroon 5)
- The Bald Hippie (James Taylor)
- Skinny but Dead (Karen Carpenter)
More from New Jersey 101.5: