Zarrow family’s cookies and egg nog recipes
I think she stumbled upon her special chocolate chip cookie recipe by accident, but I've been a huge fan ever since! The secret ingredient? Salt! Don't knock it until you try it - the salt brings out the sweetness and chewiness in the cookie.
Amy Zarrow's Amazing Not-Low-Sodium Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Follow the chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back of your favorite bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- In addition to the traditional pinch of salt, add "2 or 3 extra shakes of the salt shaker" to the batter.
- After placing the cookie dough on baking sheets, sprinkle some extra salt on the top.
- Bake for about 9 minutes, and be sure to make plenty - they won't last long!
And, in case you missed it, here is my entry into the 2016 Bill Spadea Show nog-fest.
Meteor-egg-nog-ologist Dan Zarrow's Christmas Cocktail:
- 4 parts Turkey Hill egg nog
- 1/2 part Buffalo Trace bourbon
- 1/2 part Courvoisier cognag (ideally the top-shelf VSOP grade)
I hope your holidays are filled with more delicious food and beverages, along with family and fun too!
More from New Jersey 101.5: