Whirlwind Weekend At The Shore: From The Newsroom
It was a rough weekend down the shore in New Jersey, from medical waste to a nightswimming rescue to another mysterious Coast Guard distress call.
- Long Beach Island was forced to close several beaches after medical waste washed up ashore.
- Meanwhile, two women had to rescued last night in Atlantic City, as they were caught in the tide when lifeguards were off-duty.
- Also, along several beaches, dead turtles washed up during the weekend.
- The coast guard responded to another distress call, with no boat turning up.
- Kevin McArdle examines the war of words between Governor Christie and Assemblyman Lou Greenwald, while speaking to Paul Sarlo about the prospects of a government shutdown.
- The Governor continues to say that he supports term limits.
- There’s chilling new data on the amount of teens that have contemplated suicide.
- Economic uncertainty looms.
- Rising costs have forced many people in their 20’s to skip doctor’s visits and medical treatments.
- Is New Jersey Transit doing a good job of getting you to your commuting destination?
- The latest on the story of a missing 5 year old boy from West Windsor.
- This week’s “What’s So Great About the Garden State” spotlights the efforts of the Hamilton Township VFW Post 3525, as they plan a parade to welcome home veterans.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone by texting news to 89000.
The weekend poll question asked if you would support longer school days and/or school years. We got a lot of votes on this one. 45% say no to both….25% support both…16% would favor longer days…and 13% want a longer year.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Courtesy Associated Press