Will Leonte Carroo be reinstated to the Rutgers football team for the Scarlet Knights game against undefeated Michigan now that simple assault charges against him have been dropped?

A meeting took place Tuesday night between Carroo, his lawyer and representatives of the Rutgers football program on campus on Tuesday night according to MyCentralJersey.com. "All decisions about a player's eligibility are left up to the coach," Rutgers senior vice president for external affairs Pete McDonough told the newspaper.

Messages left by New Jersey 101.5 for representatives of the Rutgers athletic department Wednesday have not yet been returned.

Head coach Kyle Flood is currently serving a three-game suspension, which will be completed after the Michigan game. It's not clear if he is still able to participate in off-field activities and meetings during the suspension.

A simple assault charge against suspended Rutgers wide receiver Carroo was dismissed by a Piscataway municipal judge on Tuesday, the same day a restraining order against the wideout was also dropped.

Carroo had been accused of attacking a woman outside a football game last month — slamming the woman onto concrete and injuring her hip, hands, elbow and head.

But the woman — who worked worked for Rutgers athletics as a recruiting ambassador at the time of the altercation — agreed not to pursue the temporary restraining order Tuesday morning, Fetky said.

Louis C. Hochman contributed to this report.