What the winter storm will cost New Jerseyans
Heading out for bread and milk? You may also have picked up additional supplies in anticipation of this weekend's winter storm, and the more you fill your cart, the deeper you'll probably be digging into your wallet.
Below are just the basics - bread and milk, some basic necessities and some recreational items - although we're sure most people purchased several other items in recent days.
Sounds cliche right before a storm, but many stores are quickly selling out of both. French toast, anyone?
- ShopRite white sandwich bread, store brand, average price: $1.31.
- Milk: store brand, 2%, one gallon: $3.00
Seems like you can never have enough of this stuff.
- Snow Joe 25 lb bag of ice melt at The Home Depot: $11.99.
You could have sworn you had one - or three - last year but sometime between spring and this week's blizzard warning, it must have disappeared.
- A shiny, new snow brush/ice scraper at The Home Depot will cost you: $7.47.
Because, you can't find yours, and besides, you saw some really nice stuff that matches your new winter coat.
- You can get a women's three-piece set of tech gloves, infinity scarf and headband at Target.com for $39.99
If you're gonna be stuck at home, you may as well have fun and enjoy the heaps of snow that are about to fall.
- You can get a Paricon 56" Hurricane snow saucer for $24.99.
Your garage seems to have swallowed your last three shovels, so a new one was a necessity.
- An 18" True Temper Mountain Mover Snow Shovel at The Home Depot is $13.97.
It's gonna be a long weekend.
- Cameron Hughes Napa Valley 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon - $29.