What is the Strangest Thing You Have Ever Had Stolen?
By Joe Votruba
In a story just asking for punchlines about the popular McDonald’s character, the Hamburglar, roughly $100,000 in burger patties was stolen in Linden.
According to NJ.com,
The owner of BMG Logistics on West Edgar Road told police that the refrigerated, 40-foot container was stolen, along with 3,000 containers of meat, which had been bound for the Netherlands, Sarnicki said.
The theft allegedly happened sometime between 8 p.m. Monday and 10 a.m. Tuesday, he added.
Deminski & Doyle are now asking what the strangest thing you ever had stolen was.
Some of our callers’ items that were stolen were:
- Chris in Point Pleasant – The front and back emblems from the his car
- Debbie in Vincentown – A bird bath
- Aaron in Toms River – A bag filled with fast food out of his car
- Barbara in Monroe – Two plastic flamingos that were on her front lawn
- Brian in Lambertville – A giant, inflatable Santa Claus decoration
The strangest thing I’ve ever had stolen was a pair of sunglasses. The sunglasses getting stolen wasn’t the strange part. It was weird because they were taken out of my car when I parked it in the Staten Island Ferry parking lot. My driver side window was broken into and they bypassed my GPS, iPod, phone charger and Knicks tickets just to get to my sunglasses.