Washington Township Woman Loses Battle With Cystic Fibrosis
By any measure Colette Bleistine was an amazing woman. She had a lifelong battle with cystic fibrosis and passed away from the disease early Monday morning. She was only 22 years old. I got choked up reading about her because I had been friends with someone who succumbed to the same disease. Erik Van Ness worked with us here at New Jersey 101.5 doing some of the most jaw dropping production and imaging work in the industry. To this day, the station offers a scholarship in his name. He was one of the kindest, most positive people you could have the pleasure of meeting. It seems like Colette Bleistine was an equally wonderful person. You can read more of her story here.
- She coordinated events to raise money for cystic fibrosis research.
- She was on the Youth Council Board at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
- She volunteered for a youth outreach program called Kids Alley and often bought and donated whatever she could to help kids in need.
- She was the keynote speaker at the "Breath Of Life" gala.
- She saved dogs from animal shelters.
- She was highly involved in St. John's United Methodist church in Washington Township.
- She was the vice-president of event planning for Rowan's Public Relations Student Society Of America.
That's only a partial list.