A wake is being held Tuesday for three members of a New Jersey family who died following a house fire that investigators believe was sparked by a spliced electrical cord.

Siblings 23-year-old Alexandra Velarde and 19-year-old Christian Velasquez were removed from life support after doctors harvested their organs on Thursday night. They were injured in a fire in the family's Paterson home last week that claimed the life of their 75-year-old grandmother.

The siblings had delayed leaving for Liberty University in Virginia to help their mother. She escaped injury, but a tenant in the home remains in critical condition.

Three firefighters were injured in the blaze.

The pastor of the Madison Avenue Baptist Church in Paterson says they've received an outpouring of donations for the family.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)