Two Former NJ Sewage Workers Plead Guilty in Probe
Two former employees of a southern New Jersey sewerage authority have pleaded guilty to using their jobs for personal financial gain.
Burlington County Prosecutor Robert Bernardi said Tuesday that 28-year-old Carmelo Colon and 24-year-old Mike Colon, both of Cinnaminson, pleaded guilty to official misconduct charges. Each could face a five year prison term.
Bernardi says they are the only two to plead guilty so far in a lengthy investigation that resulted in charges against 10 people, including seven former employees from the Cinnaminson Sewerage Authority.
The charges include stealing authority equipment, creating fraudulent invoices to order items such as televisions, grills and motorcycle parts for personal use and operating a private business that used materials and supplies paid for by the authority.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)