Trev’s listeners on Wildstein’s community service
What kind of community service would you give to the man who “masterminded’ Bridgegate? That’s the question I posed when David Wildstein was sentenced to three years probation and 500 hours of community service and a ban on working in government for his role in the lane closings on the George Washington Bridge.
He had faced 21-27 months jail time. Meanwhile the two who helped carried out the plan, Bridget Ann Kelly and Bill Baroni ended up getting 18 and 24 months in jail respectively. They are appealing. So what kind of community service should Wildstein serve?
Here are some of the things you’ve come up with:
- First off says Carl Bradley “I’d make him hunker down with a thesaurus and work on a more accurate descriptive term for his crime than ‘mastermind'”
- Comedian Tim Grill offers up “Toll taker on that same bridge.”
He has to collect tolls with a sign outside his toll booth that says that he was responsible that day where traffic was backed up in Ft Lee
— Lauren (@alissa914) July 13, 2017
Pick up trash of of NJ Turnpike
— MHarris (@MHarr1050) July 12, 2017
- Dean Ceran “Make him PAINT every inch of the bridge every year for the rest of his life.” (without causing any traffic delays)
Lots of painting suggestions with some taking the painting a few steps further.
He should be forced to paint the entire bridge with a 1/2" paint brush.
— Cheese Doodle Finger (@FatChinaRulz) July 12, 2017
Have him scrub the Bridge with a tooth brush.. seems fair enough
— Jennifer Smyth (@jensmy40) July 12, 2017
Picking up trash on the GW Bridge in Fort Lee during rush hour
— Ron Duval (@RonDuval1) July 13, 2017
But why stop the cleaning at the bridge?
- Rob Hartsell – “Cleaning urinals at Newark Penn Station Richard Rutenberg I’d make him clean the bathrooms at the NJ Turnpike rest stop for 6 months. Scrub all the carbon staining from the inside of both the Lincoln and Holland tunnels.”
Then there was this….
I think he should direct traffic naked on the bridge #ringleader
— Sam gold (@samgold1234) July 12, 2017
Not exactly the punishment any of us would want to see. Naomi got serious with:
Seriously, I'd love for him to serve as a mentor for people getting out of prison. People who need advice, resume help, job skills etc
— Naomi Youngstein (@NaomiYoungstein) July 12, 2017
- Chele Michele – “Get married.”
Then Michael weighed in with:
Cleaning up after the gov's family at the beach.
— Michael Reiter (@michaelcreiter) July 12, 2017
How would YOU have David Wildstein serve his 500 hours of community service? Leave your comment below or tweet us @NJ1015!
More from New Jersey 101.5:
Subscribe to New Jersey 101.5 FM on