Trenton Sparks Fly: From The Newsroom
It was wild Wednesday across New Jersey, as things really ramped up in Trenton between Governor Christie and Assembly Democrats. The Devils move a game closer to the Stanley Cup Finals.
- Kevin McArdle sorts out the soap opera from Trenton on Wednesday, where Governor Christie and Assembly Democrats traded barbs. Kevin also examines the status of the tax cut plans, amidst sagging budget projections.
- Meanwhile, much of the drama began at the Transportation Conference, where the Governor launched into his rant against the Dems. There is video below.
- At the same conference, NJDOT boss Jim Simpson laid out the progress of current projects on Jersey roads.
- The latest on the rash of bus crashes in New Jersey, updating on current procedures.
- An update on the case of a Camden toddler being placed in a washing machine.
- A suspect is in custody in the connection of the kidnapping and death of New York City kid, Etan Patz, from 33 years ago.
- Atlantic City looks to rebound from a violent week, ahead of the start of the tourism season.
- Prosecutors plan to appeal the Dharun Ravi sentence.
- Joe Cutter examines the dangers of car-surfing.
- In sports, the Devils move a game closer to the Stanley Cup Finals and the Sixers force a game 7.
Be the first to know. Get our breaking news and weather alerts right to your cell phone by texting “NEWS” to 89000.
Wednesday’s poll asked if you are planning to travel this holiday weekend. 54% says yes.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Courtesy Governor’s Office