Top 10 signs that you’re from New Jersey
I've been fortunate to not only have lived all over New Jersey in such places as Union City, Marlboro, Old Bridge, Eatontown, East Windsor, Roosevelt and Sea Isle City, but speak to about it as well from Monday-Thursday on New Jersey 101.5.
It is from these experiences that I've come up with a list of 10 ways to tell if you're truly a native New Jerseyan.
You know you're from New Jersey if ...
1. Your favorite three letters in the alphabet are WTF
2. You mostly use the F word as an adjective
3. Someone pumps your gas
4. You know pork roll isn't just for breakfast, better yet, you know Taylor Ham
5. You realize your pension isn't what you thought it was
6. You have to pay to go on the beach
7. You've tried to avoid the beach tag lady.
8. You know what Exit 13 smells like
9. You have a definite opinion of Bruce Springsteen that rooted in your youth and may or may nor frustrate you now
10. Your exit strategy is mostly used for directions
11. You lead with your attitude — and it's that same attitude that propels you to do things you never thought possible.
Yeah, I know that's 11 but hey I'm from Jersey. You gotta problem with that?
More from New Jersey 101.5: