Toms River Camper Fire Kills Dog
A dog was killed in a flash fire inside a camper parked on a Toms River driveway.
Toms Rive Police say the owner of the 1984 Ambassador RV camper, Georgia resident Neal Cowe, was staying in a camper on Water Street and inadvertently had gas make contact with a carburetor, causing a fiery explosion.
Cowe was thrown from inside the vehicle out the driver’s door and suffered burns. A dog inside the camper was killed. Crowe was hospitalized for his injuries while Crowe’s two other dogs were put in the care of Ocean County Animal Control.
The fire caused traffic on Hooper Avenues and Washington Street in Toms River to be detoured for two hours on Wednesday night.