10 things no one talks about when it comes to New Jersey
Stephanie Casella of Thought Catalog recently published an article entitled "10 Things No One Talks About When They Talk About New Jersey." In her opening paragraph, she alludes to other lists around the Internet that are filled with cliches.I think many will agree when I say we are tired of hearing about how we don't pump our own gas or how much we love pizza.
An abbreviated version of the list is below.
- We have a ton of potholes.
- New Jerseyans know how to take care of their teeth.
- We like cars, but not professional auto racing is not our thing.
- The Jersey Shore is way more diverse than out-of-towners are led to believe.
- The charm doesn't stop at the shore. Towns inland offer a lot too, like Freehold for example!
- There is not one specific New Jersey accent. It varies throughout the state.
- 9/11 affected New Jersey in many different ways.
- We have road rage! Okay, you may have known that one already.
- Our weather patterns are very extreme on both ends.
- We can be patient, but don't waste our time!
What would you add to the list of things no one talks about when it comes to New Jersey? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.