The Top Ten Highest Paying College Majors
This might make you think harder about where to send your kids to college. The Wall Street Journalrecently published a list of the highest-paid college majors.
According to Lauren Weber of The Wall Street Journal,
The survey is based on data from 400,000 employers, gathered from government and private sources. The data reflects actual starting salaries, not offers.
Here is the list:
- Petroleum Engineering - $93,500
- Computer Engineering - $71,700
- Chemical Engineering - $67,600
- Computer Science - $64,800
- Aerospace, Aeronautical, and Astronautical Engineering - $64,400
- Mechanical Engineering - $64,000
- Electrical/Electronics and Communications Engineering - $63,400
- Management Information Systems/Business - $63,100
- Engineering Technology - $62,200
- Finance - $57,400
The lesson? Convince your child to become an engineer, or an NFL quarterback.