The New Jersey Round-Up: From The Newsroom
Budget shortfalls will be at the heart of the discussion in Trenton, as budget season heats up at the State House.
- Kevin McArdle previews the day's events, and examines how bad New Jersey's financial situation is.
- The head-scratching story of the day: a game of "peek-a-boo" goes horribly wrong at a Camden laundromat. You can watch the video below.
- AAA Mid-Atlantic releases their travel projections for the holiday weekend around New Jersey.
- The annual C-Suite Survey of CEO's is released, showing 0ptimism for NJ's economy and business climate.
- A new study shows that safer cars are contributing to a huge drop in highway traffic deaths.
- Tuesday yielded two more school bus crashes around the state.
- A black bear has been spotted wandering around the Lakewood area.
- Atlantic City is jumping with anticipation for this weekend's official opening of Revel, while there is some concern over beach closures around the city.
- The recent stabbing in AC continues to hover a huge black cloud over the city's safety.
- A remembrance was held on Tuesday to honor fallen police officers.
- A new "Kids Count" survey examines kinship caregivers.
- Devils/Rangers Game 5 is set for tonight. You can show us your colors online.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right to your cell phone by texting "NEWS" to 89000.
Our two-day poll asked your opinion of the Dharun Ravi sentence. There were a ton of votes on this poll, and it was basically split. 43% felt it was too lenient, 41% thought it was just right, and 16% say it was too harsh.