The dumbest law in New Jersey involves an egg — Jim Gearhart Show podcast
Never let it be said that New Jersey legislators don't have a sense of humor. At least, we hope that explains this.
Jim Gearhart, in the latest edition of his newJim Gearhart Show podcast — available every Thursday on iTunes, Google Play and the New Jersey 101.5 app — got thinking about some of the dumber laws still on the books in New Jersey.
It's illegal to wear a bulletproof vest while committing a murder. And it's against the law for a man to knit during fishing season.
But it gets worse:
• In Haddonfield, it's illegal to annoy someone of the opposite sex.
• In Mount Laurel, it's illegal to annoy others in your own house.
• In Newark, you can't sell ice cream after 6 p.m.
• In Ocean City, don't you dear slurp your soup.
• In Raritan Borough, you can't curse in public — though Jeff Deminski decided to test that out a few years back.
• In Trenton, you can't throw a bad pickle into the street (whew — that was getting out of hand).
But Jim says the absolute stupidest law in New Jersey has to do with eggs. How? Check out the video above or Jim's podcast to find out.
The video above is just part of the latest installment of the Jim Gearhart Podcast, available every week on New Jersey 101.5 and in the New Jersey 101.5 app. You can also subscribe with your favorite podcasting app for iPhones, Android devices or your computer:
More from Jim:
And the New 'Jersey' Guys, Chris and Dan, start off their own podcast adventure this week, wondering if the MLB's automatic intentional walk rule is really necessary.
— Townsquare Media staff