The best Italian restaurants in NJ … according to you
Once upon a time in New Jersey, it was hard to find good Italian restaurants outside the cities, but since so many of us have moved to the suburbs, you are probably not far from eating great Italian no matter where you live.
It's hard for Italian people to like Italian restaurants because they believe nobody could do it better than their mothers or grandmothers. Having said that, it was quite the compliment when several Italians called in and commented on social media about their favorite Italian restaurants throughout New Jersey.
Here's just a few of what you guys came up with when we put the question out on air and on Facebook. Hit the Facebook link to see even more — all of them sound mouth-watering.
- 15 Fox Place in Jersey City, which is actually a house turned into an exclusive dining experience. — suggested by George in Monroe
- Luigi's Ocean City. They have great broken leg of Lamb! — George Hancock
- Il Capriccio in East Hanover, NJ Veal Saltimbocca — a favorite of actor comedian Carlo Bellario, who made the suggestion.
- La Cipollina in Freehold. "The gnocchi is to die for!" — Ray Rossi
- Trama's Tratoria on Brighton St in Long Branch. Do not go there without ordering the Mussels! — Mike Garofola
- Spano's in Point Pleasant has the best Vodka Rigatoni on the planet. — Jeff Pirrami
- Rudy's in Cliffside Park has calamari that is outrageous. — Nikki Sarubbi
Here are some of what was tweeted to the show:
Glad we could help!
More from New Jersey 101.5: