Virtua Hospital in Berlin was placed under quarantine for a brief time Monday after a woman sought treatment at the facility, complaining of a burning sensation that began after white powder fell out of an envelope she opened at her home.

Virtua Hospital, Berlin (Virtua)

In a statement on its Facebook page, Virtua says a hazardous material team was called in after the Winslow woman came to the hospital around 1 p.m. The substance was determined to be non-toxic and no patients or staff were at risk.

"All precautions were taken as part of our normal operating procedures," the Camden County hospital said.

The South Jersey Times reports that the woman came upon the envelope as she went through her mail.  The unidentified woman has a sensitivity to glue and glue from envelopes, according an email from the Camden County Prosecutor's Office. The glue was likely the cause of her symptoms.

MORE COVERAGE: