Some of the stranger things listeners have put on sandwiches
We had a contest in conjunction with Quick Chek to find out what strange things listeners have combined on a sandwich. The following is not the complete list, rather, just some unappetizing highlights.
Some of the stranger things you have put on your sandwiches:
- Hard salami, butter, and potato chips
- Roast beef, fried egg, tomato, and goat cheese
- Bananas and Miracle Whip
- Peanut butter and American cheese
- Potato salad, cole slaw, and crushed potato chips mixed together (too many sides looking for a main dish)
- Sardines in hot sauce with pickles, sliced onions, and Swiss cheese (does anyone really eat sardines?)
- Marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, bananas, apples (OK, this one sounds pretty good!)
- Pickled green tomatoes (I can’t envision the addition of pickled green tomatoes enhancing the taste of anything)
- Peanut butter and jelly beans (again, sounds kinda good)
- Raspberry mayo (I have never seen those two words used consecutively before)
What strange food combinations have you invented? Let us know in the comment section below.
More from New Jersey 101.5