Seaside Sets The Record Straight: From The Newsroom
Seaside Heights Mayor Bill Akers cleared the air on Tuesday about numerous rumors swirling around the island.
- Akers spoke about from everything from demolition notices to gas restoration.
- A minimum wage hike bill advances in Trenton.
- Rutgers will make the jump to the Big Ten Conference.
- Garden Staters give out post-Sandy grades.
- State Police are dealing with wrecked and displaced boats after the storm.
- MVC sets up a next-of-kin registry.
- Ocean County has formed a recovery committee.
- As we head to the holiday travel season, service fees are costing more.
- Governor Christie is getting high marks for his handling of Sandy.
- Taxpayers are aiding food banks.
- Monmouth County officials are outraged at JCP&L.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone by texting “NEWS” to 89000.
A reminder that tonight is the November edition of “Ask The Governor” at 7PM. Follow this link to submit your questions now and to watch a live video stream during the show.
Monday’s poll asked if you have received relief from FEMA after Sandy. 15% who responded said yes, 61% no, while 24% have applied but haven’t heard anything just yet.
Video Of The Day
Courtesy Associated Press