Ravi Receives Sentence: From The Newsroom
The news week opened with a flurry, as a Middlesex County judge handed down a sentence to Dharun Ravi.
- Ravi will serve 30 days in prison, while being placed on three years probation. Our wall to wall coverage recaps the entire wild day from New Brunswick.
- A measure to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana moves forward in Trenton.
- Meanwhile, as the Jersey Shore gears up for the holiday weekend, there are more options being offered to tourists up and down the NJ coast.
- Law enforcement officials are warning of a crackdown on distracted, drunk and drowsy drivers.
- Kevin McArdle examines a shortage of undercover police cars in New Jersey, while David Matthau reviews new legislation that would better protect police dogs.
- A new poll asks, “What do you believe in?”
- New Jersey malls are undergo radical changes to upgrade amenities and services.
- Dan Alexander recaps the final night of the Bamboozle Festival in Asbury Park.
- This week’s “What’s So Great About the Garden State” spotlights the efforts of the Northeast Organic Farming Association of New Jersey.
Be the first to get know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right to your cell phone by texting “NEWS” to 89000.
Our weekend asked if you had any reservations about attending events in Newark because of safety. 64% said yes, 16% no, and 20% say it depends on the event.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Courtesy Associated Press