Powerball still lucky for New Jersey players
TRENTON — The Powerball jackpot was won on one ticket sold in Massachusetts, but there were still some big winners in New Jersey.
The numbers drawn Wednesday night were 06-07-16-23-26, with a Powerball number of 4 and a Power Play of 4. The jackpot had grown to an annuity value of $758.7 million, the second-largest jackpot ever offered by Powerball or Mega Millions.
It was the largest jackpot won by a single ticket. A previous $1.6 billion Powerball jackpot was won on three different tickets sold in California, Florida, and Tennessee.
Several sizeable winning tickets were sold in New Jersey for Wednesday's drawing, including two worth $1 million each for matching all five numbers without the Powerball. Another 26 tickets are worth $50,000 each for matching four numbers and the Powerball. Two of those tickets had the Power Play, which pushes their winnings to $200,000 each and were sold in Neptune and Wayne.
The two million dollar tickets were sold in Cumberland County at L and K Petroleum on Route 47 in Dorchester, a part of Maurice River Township and at W & R Mini Market and Deli in Paterson.
The 26 winning tickets worth $50,000 each were sold in:
- Monmouth County ($200,000): Plaza Convenience & Deli, 2459 Highway 33,Neptune
- Passaic County ($200,000): 7-Eleven #39776, 51 Willowbrook Blvd., Wayne
- Atlantic County ($50,000): Smitty’s Liquor Store, 45 South New York Ave., Galloway
- Bergen County ($50,000): Quench Wine & Spirits, 2450 Lemoine Ave., Fort Lee
- Bergen County ($50,000): Township Stationery, 299A Pascack Rd., Washington Twp.
- Burlington County ($50,000): WAWA #718, 720 South Church St., Mt. Laurel
- Camden County ($50,000): Country Farm Convenience, 10 East Kings Hwy, Mt. Ephraim
- Camden County ($50,000): WAWA #8311, 1824 Marlton Pike, Cherry Hill
- Essex County ($50,000): Krauszers Liquor Locker, 645 Bloomfield Ave., Verona
- Essex County ($50,000): Quick Mart Food Store, 172 South Livingston Ave., Livingston
- Essex County ($50,000): Ralph’s Liquors, 65-67 Elizabeth Ave., Newark
- Essex County ($50,000): Valero Fairfield, 650 Route 46 E., Fairfield
- Hudson County ($50,000): Fiji 24 Hours Food Store, 2913 Bergenline Ave., Union City
- Hudson County ($50,000): Quick Check #80, 400 Bergen St., Harrison
- Hudson County ($50,000): Universal Liquors, 2117 Bergenline Ave., Union City
- Hunterdon County ($50,000): TMF Mart LLC, 429 Route 513, Califon
- Mercer County ($50,000): Krauszer’s, 234 Dorchester Dr., East Windsor
- Middlesex County ($50,000): ACME #2827, 3500 Route 9 S., Old Bridge
- Monmouth County ($50,000): 7-Eleven #11037 (N), 326 Morristown Rd., Matawan
- Morris County ($50,000): 7-Eleven #39300, 99 Ridgedale Ave., Cedar Knolls
- Morris County ($50,000): Quick Chek #159, 1268 Route 23, Butler
- Morris County ($50,000): Quick Stop Food Market, 1446 Route 46 Troy Hills, Parsippany
- Ocean County ($50,000): Manahawkin Exxon, 555 Route 72 East Ave., Manahawkin
- Ocean County ($50,000): Quick Food Mart, 250 Route 9, Barnegat
- Sussex County ($50,000): 7-Eleven #11472 (N), 33 Pine Cone Ln., Sparta
- Union County ($50,000): Jiordy Mini Market, 461-465 Spring St., Elizabeth.
Over 450,000 Powerball tickets were sold in New Jersey for Wednesday night. New Jersey Lottery spokeswoman Judy Drucker said the most tickets were sold between noon and 4 p.m. on Wednesday.
The Powerball jackpot will have an annuity value of $40 million and a cash value of $25.3 million for the next drawing on Saturday.
Contact reporter Dan Alexander at Dan.Alexander@townsquaremedia.com.
More from New Jersey 101.5: