On MLK day, listeners share their ‘dream for New Jersey’
Today is the day we celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King. It's also the day that we remember his famous "I Have A Dream" speech delivered during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom on Aug. 28, 1963.
If you were to have a dream for New Jersey in 2017, what would it be? I recently asked some of my followers on social media and here are their responses:
- Rob - Less socialism;
- Cathy Blair - Get rid of Cristie;
- Tom Zola - To secede;
- Michael Ligato - Get rid of religion;
- Joanne Ginn Glassoff - Don't get me started....how about getting rid of that gas tax????
- Diana Mariani - It would float away;
- Comic Dave Evans - A new comedy club in South Jersey;
- Kimberley D. Witkowski - Lower taxes;
- Jimmy Matthews - Zero tolls;
- Richard Hall - Make the New Jersey Turnpike shorter from Delaware Memorial Bridge to NYC;
- Doug Wager - For it to slide into the Atlantic;
- Diana Mariani - Not a fan of the sand barge either? Haha!
- Daniel Morton - Lower taxes, impeach Christie, give state funded help to those who deserve it instead of giving it to help these drug addict bums and lazy moms with 12 kids from other fathers to pay their Cadillacs and iPhones and for school employees to collect unemployment like everyone else.
- Eric Jensen - That Chris Christie would go away;
- G. Dull - Concealed carry;
- Tom Madden - That New Jersey got rid of confusing jug handles;
- Jerry Rubino - Take a trip to Oshkosh, WI and you will have no problems with ours;
- Thelma Turner - Get rid of Christie and have the minimum wage increased;
- Scott William Wotherspoon - To break off and sink into ocean;
- Diana Mariani - That earned you a friend request too! I am happy go-lucky person and I love everybody and everything... except Tom Brady and New Jersey.
- Jerry Rubino - The Chicken Or The Egg on in Beach Haven would open a location up north.
More from New Jersey 101.5: