NJ’s Most Dangerous Intersections
Route 31 and Main Street in the rural New Jersey town of Glen Gardner has become one of the most dangerous intersections in New Jersey. This morning for the second time in two weeks there was another major auto accident on this curvy and hilly section of the highway in Hunterdon County.
Citizens of Glen Gardner and students at Voorhees High School plan to attend the Borough Council meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Borough Hall concerning safety on Route 31.
They plan to ask the mayor and council to petition the NJ Department of Transportation to initiate their plans to make Route 31 and Main Street safer.
Karah Conroy, a Voorhees High School sophomore, died two weeks ago of injuries from an accident at that intersection.
We’ve compiled a starter list of New Jersey’s Most Dangerous Intersections and we would like your comments on dangerous intersections you have experienced.
- Broad & Market Streets in Newark
- Broad & Raymond Streets in Newark
- Route 1 & Plainfield Ave in Edison
- Route 1 & Bakers Basin in Lawrenceville
- Route 18 & Tices Lane in East Brunswick
- Tonnelle Avenue & Routes 1+9 in Jersey City
- Westfield Avenue & Locust Street in Roselle Park
- Black Horse Pike & Route 9 in Pleasantville
We are sure there are hundreds more so please let us know. Drive safely.