NJ Road Closures, Incidents as Sandy Rages
Below is a full list of NJ's road closures and incidents as they happen with time stamps. For up-to-the-minute traffic reports tune in to NJ101.5 for traffic every 15 minutes.
MASSIVE FLOODING/ CLOSURES ON ROUTE 35 AS OF 5 P.M. IN THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- In Seaside Park all lanes are closed southbound route 35 between Bay Boulevard and Route 37
- In Stewartsville, a downed utility pole is causing problems in both directions on 35 from CR524/ Allaire Road to Eighteenth Avenue in Wall.
- In Aberdeen 35 is closed in both directions at County Road due to flooding. Also northbound Birchwood Drive in Old Bridge township.
- In Belmar, flooding in both directions of route 35 between 138 in Wall and 8th Avenue in Belmar.
- In Holmdel, a downed pole and wires on 35 in both directions at Centerville Road.
- In South Amboy there's flooding on Route 35 southbound at South of Morgan Drawbridge in Old Bridge Township.
- In Pt. Pleasant Beach route 35 is closed south of Johnson Street in Bay Head to North of Curtis Point Drive in Mantoloking.
- In Hazlet 35 is closed in both directions between Miller Ave. and Union Avenue/ Centerville Road due to a downed utility pole.
IN MANALAPAN, MONMOUTH @4:50 P.M.: Route 33 is closed due to downed wires, all lanes are closed eastbound at CR 527A/ Iron Ore Road/ Woodville Road in Manalapan Twp.
FRANKLIN LAKES @4:50 P.M.: Route 208 northbound has all lanes closed due to a downed tree between North of Ewing Avenue and Colonial Road in Franklin Lakes.
EAST RUTHERFORD @4:45 P.M.: Route 17 is closed, detoured in both directions due to downed wires between CR 120 / Paterson Plank Road in Carlstadt.
RUTHERFORD @4:45 p.m.: Route 17 is closed, detoured in both directions between sout of CR 130 / Orient Way in Rutherford and Milton Avenue in Lyndhurst Twp.
BRIDGES CLOSING @4:45 P.M.: Hudson River Bridges are closing 7 p.m.
IN SPARTA TOWNSHIP @ 4:30 P.M.: All lanes closed in Sparta Township because of a downed tree on 94 north of White Lake Road.
PARKWAY ALL LANES CLOSED at Exit 129 @ 4 p.m. Northbound and southbound roads are closed.
IN BERKELEY @ 4:20 P.M.: All lanes are closed on Route 9 because of a downed tree near CR 617/ Harbor Inn Road.
PARKWAY SOUTH CLOSURE @ 2 P.M.: The parkway is to be closed south of Exit 129, where the road meets the New Jersey Turnpike in Woodbridge as of 4 p.m.
IN LIVINGSTON @ 1:40 p.m.: The right lane is closed on Route 10 due to a downed tree on Route 10 westbound at Force Hill Road in LIvingston Twp.
NAVESINK RIVER ROAD @1:35 P.M. IS STILL CLOSED: The Oceanic Bridge between Middletown and Rumson remain CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC in both directions until further notice.
IN CLINTON @ 1:35 P.M.: A utility pole is down on 78 eastbound ramp to Exit 17 - NJ 31 South. Exit ramp is blocked.
IN MIDDLE TOWNSHIP @ 1:25 P.M.: All lanes are closed and detoured due to flooding on 147 eastbound at CR 665.
IN HOLMDEL ON ROUTE 35 @12:30: Route 35 is closed in both directions due to a downed utility pole at Union Avenue.
ATLANTIC CITY EXPRESSWAY @ 12:30 P.M.: The Atlantic City Expressway is closed in both directions between Atlantic Avenue and Exit 5/US-9?Northfield/Smithville.
PARKWAY CLOSED IN BOTH DIRECTIONS: @12.30 P.M.:Officials have closed a larger section of the Garden State Parkway because of flooding. The parkway is closed from Exit 63 in Stafford Township to the southern terminus. New Jersey Turnpike Authority spokesman Tom Feeney says it's reasonable to expect more closings because of Hurricane Sandy.
PARKWAY CLOSED IN BOTH DIRECTIONS @11:20 a.m. Exit 38. Northbound, Southbound lanes are BOTH closed.
ROUTE 36 CLOSED DUE TO FLOODING IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS @ 11 A.M.:
- In Highlands in both directions between Miller Street and CR-520/Sea Bright/ Rumson Road in both directions.
- In Highlands southbound at Highlands Bridge/ Shrewsbury River Bridge is Sea Bright, all lanes are closed, detoured.
- Monmouth County: Route 36 westbound between CR-520 / Sea Bright Brg/ Rumson Road.
- Hazlet has flooding on Route 36 northbound at CR 39/ Union Avenue in Union Beach, a jughandle is closed.
ROUTE 46 IN LITTLE FERRY TO RIDGEFIELD PARK @ 10:43 A.M.: Route 46 is closed due to flooding eastbound and westbound between the Bergen Turnpike and Main Street (Ridgefield Park).
PARKWAY CLOSURE @ 10:15 A.M.: Parkway South is closed at Exit 38. Northbound lanes remain open for evacuations.
IN TOMS RIVER @ 10:11 A.M. Eastbound Tunney-Mathis Bridge is closed to through traffic.
IN KEARNY @10:11 A.M.: Route 7 is closed due to flooding between 95/ NJ Turnpike? Eastern Spur and Schuyler Ave.
IN NORTH ARLINGTON @ 10:11 A.M.: Route 7 is closed due to flooding between Schuyler Avenue and I-95/ NJ Turnpike/ Eastern Spur.
ON ROUTE 35 @ 10 A.M. This road is closed due to flooding in the following areas:
- Aberdeen all lanes closed, detoured in both directions at County Road between CR-6A / Cliffwood Avenue and County Road. Also flooding on NJ 35 northbound Birchwood Dr in Old Bridge Twp. has all lanes closed.
- Belmar between Route 138 and 8th Avenue.
- Point Pleasant Beach all lanes closed, detoured due to flooding on 35 from South of Johnson St in Bay Head to North of Curtis Point Dr in Mantoloking.
- Seaside Park all lanes closed southbound route 35 at route 37.
IN MIDDLETOWN @9:57 A.M.: The Navesink River Road is closed to all traffic in both directions until further notice.
IN FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP @ 9:52 a.m.: Easton Avenue is closed in both directions, eastbound, westbound between Franklin Blvd. and Rt. 27 due to hurricane Sandy.