NJ man charged with sexually assaulting 8-year-old girl
Authorities say a 32-year-old Bergen County man has been charged with sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl.
Carlos Enrique Lliguisupa-Medina of Hackensack is facing sexual assault by contact and child endangerment charges in connection with an incident involving an 8-year-old girl, the Bergen County prosecutor's Office said in a press release Tuesday.
Authorities began investigating the alleged assault on Sunday evening, when Dumont police were contacted by a woman claiming that her daughter told her she was "touched on intimate parts of her body on more than one occasion at a residence in Hackensack" by Lliguisupa-Medina, police said.
Dumont police, Hackensack police and the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office Special Victims Unit conducted a forensic interview with the young girl, authorities said. During the course of the investigation, police say the child disclosed that she had been "inappropriately touched" more than one time by Lliguisupa-Medina between August of 2013 and August of 2014.
Based on the investigation, authorities said, Lliguisupa-Medina was arrested on Monday. He was transported to Bergen County Jail in lieu of $250,000 bail with no 10 percent option. He was also required to surrender his passport.
Authorities said in a statement that Lliguisupa-Medina is prohibited from having any type of contact with the victim or her mother. He is due to make his first appearance in Hackensack Municipal Court on Wednesday.
Toniann Antonelli is a social content producer for NJ 101.5. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on Twitter @ToniRadio1015.