NJ homeowner had no idea his house was on fire
SPARTA — Harrowing images of flames furiously engulfing a home were released Tuesday by police in this Sussex County township.
Incredibly, the resident of the Maple Parkway home had no idea the house was on fire when police arrived 3:25 p.m. after getting several 911 calls from neighbors.
Police said they got man out and sent him to Newton Medical Center.
Two dogs may have perished in the fire, police said.
The Sparta Fire Department worked with the Andover Fire Department, Byram Fire Department and the Ogdensburg Fire Department to put out the blaze.
Officials did not say Tuesday what may have caused the fire.
Sergio Bichao is deputy digital editor at New Jersey 101.5. Send him news tips: Call 609-438-1015 or email email@example.com.