New Jersey Heads For Holiday: From The Newsroom
New Jerseyans gear up for the mid-week Fourth of July holiday, but major clean-up issues still remain for a large portion of South Jersey.
- Power is still out for tens of thousands in South Jersey as clean-up crews work around the clock to get residents in businesses back on-line. Tourism officials say that Atlantic City will be ready to handle all of the planned festivities and holiday rush.
- The Attorney General announced the hiring of 20 special officers for the Atlantic City Boardwalk.
- State officials are warning against price gouging in the wake of the South Jersey storms.
- Kevin McArdle recaps Monday's special session at the State House, where Governor Christie pleaded for his latest tax cut plan.
- We asked people around the Garden State how they plan to spend the holiday.
- Anti-terror officials remind people around NJ to be vigilant during the Fourth, while the leading on-water assistance provider cautions to have a designated driver man your boat.
- A complete guide to New Jersey fireworks shows for the holiday.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone by texting "NEWS" to 89000.
Monday's poll asked if you thought the Governor-called special session would have any real impact, or if it were just political posturing. 82% said posturing.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Courtesy Governor's Office