New Jersey 101.5 Evacuated Due to Odor
Authorities ordered the studios of New Jersey 101.5 evacuated on Thursday morning because of a noxious odor inside the building.
The smell permeated the building including the main studio and the Prospect Heights Volunteer Fire Company of Ewing was called to investigate. As a precaution, they ordered everyone out of the building including morning show host Jim Gearhart and news anchor Eric Scott mid-show just after 7:00 a.m.
Personnel were allowed to return to the building just after 8:00a.m. after it was determined the smell was caused by a sewer gas backup.
Last night’s “Ask The Governor” program was aired while station personnel awaited the results of a preliminary test of the air in and around the facility was conducted by the Trenton Fire Department hazardous material unit.