This is a case of extreme road rage.

A group of about 30 motorcyclists known as the Hollywood Stuntz were involved in what could best be described as a gang road rage incident Sunday on the West Side Highway in the city.

It all happened as the gang was cycling up the highway at excessive speeds, weaving in and out of traffic; when the SUV bumped into one of them while being surrounded by what seemed like a bunch of locusts.

Check out the video – these bikers were looking to throw down with someone.

The dispute began when the family called 911 to report the bikers driving erratically on the West Side Highway, police said. The bikers were in town for an event called Hollywood Stuntz, where motorcyclists drive around Manhattan doing tricks, according to officials.

The dad then hit one of the motorcycles, and the others surrounded him and started hitting his Range Rover and slashing his tires, police said. The family then sped off, apparently striking some bikers, who chased them, police said.

At one point, a biker got off his motorcycle and opened the driver's side door of the SUV, before the dad sped off again.

The family exited the parkway near 178th Street and the group surrounded the vehicle.
One rider began smashing the driver's side window of the SUV with his helmet, while another tried punching a window with his fist.

The dad was pulled out of the car and beaten. He suffered black eyes and other injuries.

But wait, there's more:

Christopher Cruz, was riding with a swarm of motorcycles when he swerved in front of Alexian Lien's Range Rover on the Henry Hudson Parkway and stopped short, causing the 33-year-old driver to bump the biker's back tire, police sources said.

Cruz - who was waiting Tuesday to be arraigned on a slew of charges that include menacing, reckless endangerment and endangering the welfare of a child - allegedly caused the accident that triggered a terrifying 4-mile chase, which ended with the beatdown in Washington Heights on Sunday.

Numerous people claiming to be part of the ride posted on social media that there was an earlier confrontation with Lien on the road and that the bikers were trying to slow him down so as to pass.

Police said after the fender bender near W. 116th St., Lien pulled over - but several of the bitter bikers started to bash his black Range Rover with their helmets and slash the tires.

Lien hit the gas to escape, plowing into at least three motorcycles and striking one of the bikers, Edwin Mieses, 32 — breaking both the man’s legs and possibly paralyzing him from the waist down, his family said.

"He's trying to hang on for dear life," his mother, Yolando Santiago, told the Daily News from her Lawrence, Mass., home on Tuesday. "They're making the riders out to be bad people. They're not. If the driver of the Range Rover would have stopped, none of this would have happened."

But police maintain that Lien did stop, but fled because he feared for his and his family's safety when the bikers began attacking his vehicle.

A group of motorcyclists, which included Cruz, stayed behind to tend to the bleeding Mieses as several bikers raced after Lien, director of the e-commerce firm
Shocking footage of the chase was posted to YouTube by one of the bikers and quickly went viral.

NYPD Commissioner Raymond Kelly said about 30 motorcyclists, most of whom riding sport and dirt bikes, caught up to Lien on W. 178th St., where he had to stop because of his slashed tires.

One of the riders unclipped his helmet, which he used to smash open the driver’s side window of Lien’s car. Another biker punched at the window to the backseat, where Lien’s daughter was sitting.

Lien’s wife, Rosalyn Ng, was sitting in the front passenger seat.

Lien was punched and slashed to the face with a knife in front of horrified bystanders. Cops arrived a few minutes later, but the bikers fled.

The bleeding Lien was taken to Columbia University Medical Center, where he received stitches for his wounds and was later released.

Police were still hunting for the two bikers that attacked Lien, a Columbia University grad.
Meises was taken to St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital, where he was being treated for two broken legs, spinal fractures and bruised lungs. His mother said Mieses - an aspiring rapper who has two children, a 15-year-old boy and a 9-year-old girl - is in a medically-induced coma and doctors fear he will never walk again.

It's just devastating," said the weeping Santiago. "They said he's never going to walk again, all because someone did this."

Police said Lien was not expected to be charged, but they are still investigating the incident.
Santiago, 48, said she was furious at the driver.
"He just ran into my son," she said. "Where's the justice for my son? He's never going to walk again."

Given what you know now, would you have still risked an arrest and taken the drastic action, like possibly paralyzing one of the motorcyclists, to get away?

It's like my Uncle Frankie used to say, " wanna play, you gotta pay!"