More Shore Swimming Tragedies: From The Newsroom
Sweltering temperatures had many across New Jersey heading to the beaches, but rip currents and heavy surf led to numerous distress calls and two missing swimmers.
- A swimmer in Asbury and another in Seaside Park remain missing, as searches were suspended yesterday, but have resumed today.
- Dino Flammia spoke to New Jerseyans about how they are handling the heat wave. We have also posted a survival guide.
- As lawmakers get set for a marathon session at the State House, Kevin McArdle examines what the effects of a government shutdown would mean for you. The millionaires' tax figures to be at the center of today's sessions.
- The Monmouth County Courthouse remains closed through the weekend.
- The State Comptroller releases a new report that uncovers Medicaid fraud.
- The Coast Guard announces a link between the Sandy Hook yacht hoax and a distress call in Texas.
- Lawmakers announce a plan to try and remedy the flooding problems in the northwest part of the state.
- A new reports shows that New Jersey has an unhealthy funding rate of their pension program.
- Should cancer be covered under the 9/11 health fund?
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone by texting "NEWS" to 89000.
Wednesday's poll asked if you agreed with the decision to suspend the red light camera program, while fixes are made. There were a ton of votes on this. 22% agreed...another 75% agreed, but want the program suspended immediately, while just 3% have no issue with the cameras.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Video by Stacy Proebstle