More Colorado Details Emerge: From The Newsroom
Stories continue to come out of Colorado in the wake of the movie theater massacre. Suspected murderer had his first day in court on Monday.
- Holmes will be officially charged at a hearing on Monday, but his initial appearance drew throngs of media and security.
- Strange circumstances led to several New Jersey screenings of “Dark Knight Rises” to be evacuated.
- The tragedy has politicians coming out of the woodwork to advocate for stricter gun laws. Governor Christie spoke out Monday against those politicians, while also talking about property taxes.
- A new poll reveals whether New Jerseyans think Christie should speak at the GOP convention.
- New Jersey has among the highest babysitting rates in the country.
- Pennsylvania is proving to be a formidable opponent for Atlantic City casinos.
- NJ Transit receives a federal grant to upgrade their buses.
- Officials address speculation about what washed ashore Avon’s beaches that had social media buzzing.
- Penn State’s football program had the book thrown at them by the NCAA on Monday.
- More information comes out on the FBI investigation into Mayor Tony Mack and the city of Trenton.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone by texting “NEWS” to 89000.
A reminder that tonight at 7PM is this month’s “Ask The Governor” program. By following that link, you can submit your questions online, and during the broadcast, watch a live video stream and participate in our interactive blog.
Our poll question on Monday asked your opinion of the penalties levied against the Penn State football program by the NCAA. 60% said it was spot on, 30% felt it was too strong, and 10% thought it was too weak.
VIDEO OF THE DAY