More Bad News For Revel: From The Newsroom
The June gaming numbers were lackluster again for the new Revel Casino in Atlantic City. There is also an update on red light cameras today.
- Revel finishes eighth for the third straight month out of the AC casinos.
- The red light camera re-certification process and afterwards could present major headaches for some NJ towns. Meanwhile, the debate in Trenton continues about whether the program should be scrapped.
- New numbers from the OLS say that revenues are again falling short of the Governor's projections.
- A new study examines whether school work in New Jersey is too easy for children.
- Kelly Waldron examines how the state's crops are holding up during the recent heat waves.
- South Jersey mayors are increasingly worried about losing many state troopers, who patrol rural areas, to retirement.
- New Jersey is among 18 states with a whooping cough outbreak.
Be the first to know. Get breaking news and weather alerts right on your cell phone by texting "NEWS" to 89000.
Alan Kasper's 5 day forecast and daily blog is available anytime online.
Tuesday's poll asked if you thought welfare money should be permitted to be spent on things like beer and cigarettes. There were a lot of votes on this, and 95% think it's ridiculous for tax money to be used on those items...5% say they should be allowed to buy whatever they want.
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Courtesy Governor's Office