Millionaire’s Tax Hike Returns: From The Newsroom
Senate President Steve Sweeney told Eric Scott and Jim Gearhart on Wednesday that Democrats had no intention of bringing back the talks of a millionaire tax hike. Guess what happened later Wednesday afternoon?
- After the Senate President’s proclamation of no millionaire’s tax hikes in the near future, Democratic lawmakers brought the tax hikes as a centerpiece of the upcoming budget debates.
- Listen to an audio clip of Steve Sweeney’s interview with Jim and Eric:
- Governor Christie held a post-budget address Town Hall on Wednesday, where he spoke about bi-partisanship in Trenton and the minimum wage debate.
- Small businesses respond favorably to Governor Christie’s proposed income tax cut.
- New Jersey is rated at the bottom of the barrel for state’s seen in a favorable light, according to a new poll.
- An upcoming conference will brief school officials on the state of education in New Jersey.
- President Obama introduces a plan to cut corporate taxes.
- Student loan debt continues to be a growing problem, as it outweighs credit card debt in the county.
- A new report says that New Jersey ranks sixth in the nation for fatal senior citizen accidents.
Be the first to know. Get our breaking news and weather directly to your phone by texting “NEWS” to 89000.
The Wednesday poll asked how you would grade Governor Christie’s budget address. 56% gave the Governor an “A”
VIDEOS OF THE DAY
Videos by Dino Flammia