Middlesex Water Company Lifts Boil Water Order
Middlesex Water Company has lifted their Boil Water Order.
The utility says quality test results show they are meeting all state and federal water quality standards.
The order affected customers in Carteret, Clark, Edison, Highland Park, Metuchen, the Melrose section of Sayreville, South Amboy, South Plainfield, and all sections of Woodbridge.
Customers should take the following precautions:
- Run your water faucets for 3-5 minutes to flush your service connection and interior plumbing with water from the service main.
- Empty and clean your automatic ice makers and water chillers.
- Drain and refill your hot water heater if the temperature is set below 113 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Service connections with a water softener/cartridge filters should be run through a regeneration cycle or other procedures recommended by the manufacturer.
- Water reservoirs in tall buildings should be drained and refilled.
Customers with questions should contact Customer Service at 732-634-1500
An intake station that had been on generator power since last Monday had normal power restored over the weekend but lost it again Monday afternoon and the generator failed. Power was restored early Tuesday morning and pressure began to build throughout the system.