ROXBURY — High levels of carbon monoxide were detected inside a Morris County home where an elderly man died and a woman was hospitalized.

Roxbury police spokeswoman Jennifer Dillard told New Jersey 101.5 the 78-year-old man had passed away by the time first responders arrived at the Pleasant Hill Road home, shortly after 4 p.m. A woman at the home said she was feeling ill.

New Jersey Natural Gas was investigating the incident along with the Roxbury Fire Department.

Dillard did not disclose the identity of the people involved, or their relationship, pending notification of family members.

Contact reporter Dan Alexander at Dan.Alexander@townsquaremedia.com or via Twitter @DanAlexanderNJ

Sign up for the NJ1015.com Newsletter

Get the best of NJ1015.com delivered to your inbox every day.