Lonegan Endorsed By Sarah Palin
U.S. Senate candidate Steve Lonegan’s uphill battle against heavily favored Newark Mayor Cory Booker just got the help of former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. The Booker campaign is apparently ecstatic about this.
“If voters had any doubt about how out of touch Steve Lonegan’s values are with the values of most New Jerseyans, Sarah Palin’s endorsement puts that to rest,” Kevin Griffis, a Booker spokesman said. “Like Mr. Lonegan, she wants to ban abortions, even in cases of rape and incest, doesn’t believe in climate change and opposes common sense measures to make our streets safer, like expanded background checks for gun purchases.”
I don’t know about all that. But I would like to share some of my favorite Sarah Palin moments.
- In 2008, in an interview with Katie Couric, she was asked to explain a previous statement that Alaska’s proximity to Russia gave her foreign policy experience.
“As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It’s Alaska. It’s just right over the border.”
- In another Couric interview, unable to name a single magazine or newspaper she reads, she stumbled through the following answer.
“All of ‘em, any of ‘em that have been in front of me over all these years.”
- In 2010 she sent out the following Tweet in response to having been made fun of for inventing the word ‘refudiate’. She defended her illiteracy by comparing it to literary genius.
- During a Glen Beck interview in 2010, when asked how she would handle the current hostilities between the two Koreas.
“But obviously, we’ve got to stand with our North Korean allies.”
- Okay, one more. Man, this is making me not only miss Sarah Palin but also George W. Sarah Palin in 2011 botching the history of Paul Revere’s midnight ride.
“He who warned, uh, the British that they weren’t gonna be takin’ away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin’ sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed.”
Ah, let’s give her a break. She was probably thinking of Paul Revere and the Raiders.