Free Advice For Those Looking To Rebuild
New Jersey residents in Atlantic, Hudson, Ocean and Monmouth counties whose homes were damaged or destroyed by Hurricane Sandy can head to local home improvement stores until Nov. 26 for free advice from FEMA hazard mitigation specialists.
The specialists will be on-site to answer questions and offer ideas to help homeowners rebuild "stronger, safer, and smarter" according to a FEMA press release. They will also be handing out free publications on topics like mold and mildew cleanup, flood- and wind-resistant building methods, wind straps, flood insurance, retrofitting buildings and elevating utilities.
The services will be available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. until November 26 at the following locations:
• Egg Harbor Township - Lowe's #1034, 6048 Black Horse Pike
• Jersey City - Lowe's #1937, 727 Route 440
• Toms River - Lowe's #1608, 1375 Hooper Ave.
• Brick - Lowe's #1535, 520 Route 70
• Holmdel - Lowe's #1035, 2194 State Route 35
• Hazlet - Home Depot, 3700 Hwy 35
• Eatontown - Lowe's #1548, 118 Hwy 35
According to FEMA, additional sites and dates will be announced soon.